Evidence from Scripture and History of the Second Coming of Christ
by William Miller 
This is a collection of lectures by William Miller (1782-1849), a 19th century preacher who managed to convince himself and thousands of others that Jesus would return in 1844. Born a Baptist, he became a Deist and Freemason. After he fought in the war of 1812, he had a spiritual epiphany, and was called back to Baptism. After much study, Miller became convinced that Biblical chronology pointed to the immiment end of the world, and in 1832, was confident enough to publicize his beliefs.
As the deadline approached, his followers grew into a huge movement. The calculations were refined by his disciples, and October 22, 1844 was determined to be the day. As that date approached, Millerites sold their homes and business, and flocked to the hills to await the last judgement. Of course, nothing out of the ordinary occurred, and most of Miller’s followers melted away as quickly as they had joined. This became known as ‘the Great Disappointment.’ However, the concept of the imminent return of Jesus has been a major component of evangelical Christian thought for the past century. Few have been so bold as to set an actual date certain for the end of the world. Most millennialists today simply point to various signs and portents to suggest that the end is near.
Our Tract MinistryThis page describes our tract ministry, including tract production (printing and folding). Our ministry is not that big yet, but we continue to grow. We have about 350 Spanish titles and 90 English titles and are adding translations into other languages. Please read this page and pray for this ministry.
Lecture 1. The Second Appearing of Christ
Lecture 2. The First Resurrection
Lecture 3. The Two Thousand Three Hundred Days
Lecture 4. Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people…
Lecture 5. Pagan Rome Numbered
Lecture 6. Daniel’s Vision of the Latter Days
Lecture 7. Daniel’s 1260, 1290, and 1335 Days Explained
Lecture 8. The Three Woe Trumpets
Lecture 9. The Epistles to the Seven Churches of Asia, Considered as Applying to Seven Periods of the Gospel Church, Part I.
Lecture 10. The Epistles to the Seven Churches of Asia, Considered as Applying to Seven Periods of the Gospel Church, Part II
Lecture 11. The New Song
Lecture 12. The Seven Seals, as Representing Events to the End of Time
Lecture 13. The Two Witnesses, as Having Been Slain in the French Revolution
Lecture 14. The Woman in the Wilderness
Lecture 15. The Seven Last Plagues, or Seven Vials
Lecture 16. The Parable of the Ten Virgins
Lecture 17. On the Punishment of the People of God Seven Times for their Sins
Lecture 18. Who is this that cometh up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved?
Lecture 19. Signs of the Present Times
|Date:||February 4, 2015|
More from this categoryM
- MacDougall, J. – The Old Testament Parables
- MacDuff, J.R. – A New Testament Chapter in Providence and Grace
- MacDuff, J.R. – An Old Testament Chapter in Providence and Grace
- Machen, J.G. – Doctrine of Atonement
- Mackie, A. – The Gift of Tongues
- Marsh, W. – Antichrist Detected
- Marshall, W. – Christ Receiveth Sinners
- Mason, W. – Believer’s Pocket Companion
- Mather, C. – What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Matthews, D. – I Saw the Welsh Revival
- Mauro, P. – God’s Gift and Our Response
- Mauro, P. – The Hope of Israel: What Is It?
- Mauro, P. – The Seventy Weeks and Great Tribulation
- Mauro, P. – Which Version? Authorized or Revised?
- McAfee, C.B. – A Study of the King James Version of the Bible
- McConkey, J. – Going In To God and Out To Men
- McConkey, J. – The Surrendered Life
- McConkey, J. – Three Fold Secret of the Holy Spirit
- McFadyen, F.J. – The Message of the Parables
- McGarvey, J.W. – The Four-Fold Gospel/Acts
- Medhurst, T.W. – Is Romanism Christian?
- Mercer, A.G. – Bible Characters
- Miller-Evidence from Scripture & History of Second Coming of Christ
- Miller, J.R. – Girls: Faults and Ideals
- Miller, J.R. – Making the Most of Life
- Miller, S. – Ruling Elder
- Moody, D.L. – Heaven
- Moody, D.L. – Moody’s Stories: Incidents and Illustrations
- Moody, D.L. – Secret Power
- Moore, H. – A Treatise on the Divine Nature
- Moorehead, W.G. – Outline Studies in the Books of the Old Testament
- Morgan, G.C. – The Parables of the Kingdom
- Morton – More than Forgiven
- Moule, H.C.G. – Outlines of Christian Doctrine
- Murray, A. – Abide in Christ
- Murray, A. – The Power of the Blood of Jesus
- Murray, A. – The Spirit of Christ
- Murray, A. – With Christ in the School of Prayer
- Mylne, George – The Day of Bereavement