Brakel Christian’s Reasonable Service
The Christian’s Reasonable Service
By William á Brakel
Brakel was a Dutch reformed theologian. In this work he has 4 volumes with over 100 chapters. This is an extensive systematic theology. The work is not as organized as some systematic theologies, but none the less, most of the elements of a Reformed theology are there.
In theWord format here.
CONTENTS of Brakel Christian’s Reasonable Service
1. The Knowledge of God from Nature.
2. The Word of God
3. The Essence of God
4. The Divine Persons
5. The Decrees of God: General Observations
6. Eternal Predestination: Election and Reprobation
7. The Covenant of Redemption Between God the Father and God the Son Concerning the Elect; or, the Counsel of Peace
8. The Creation of the World
9. Angels and Devils
10. Concerning Man, Particularly the Soul.
11. The Providence of God
12. The Covenant of Works
13. The Breach of the Covenant of Works.
14. Original and Actual Sin.
15. Man’s Free Will or Impotency and the Punishment Due Upon Sin
16. The Covenant of Grace
17. The Necessity of Satisfaction by the Surety Jesus Christ
18. The Divinity, Incarnation, and Union of two Natures in the Person of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
19. Concerning the three offices of Christ, and particularly His Prophetic Office.
20. The High-Priestly Office of Christ
21. The Kingly Office of Jesus Christ
22. The State of Christ’s Humiliation by which he made Satisfaction for the Sins of the World.
23. The State of Christ’s Exaltation.
24. Concerning the Church
25. The Duty to join the Church and remain in Her
26. The Communion of Believers with Christ and with Each other
27. The Government of the Church, and Particularly the Commissioning of Ministers
28. The Offices of Minister, Eleder, and Deacon
29. Ecclesiastical Authority and the use of the Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven
30. The External and Internal Call
32. Concerning Faith
33. Distinguishing Marks of Saving Faith
35. The Adoption of Children
36. Spiritual Peace
37. Spiritual Joy
38. The Sealing of the Believer by the Holy Spirit and by Means of Sacraments
39. Holy Baptism
40. The Lord’s Supper
41. The Practice of the Lord’s Supper Consisiting in Preparation, Celebration, and and reflection
42. The Life of Faith in Reference to the Promises.
43. A Warning Exhortation Against Pietists, Quietists, and All Who in a Similar Manner Have Deviated to a Natural and Spiritless Religion Under the Guise of Spirituality
44. Sanctification and Holiness
45. The Law of God: General Considerations
46. The First Commandment
47. The Second Commandment
48. The Third Commandment
49. The Fourth Commandment
50. The Fifth Commandment
51. The Sixth Commandment
52. The Seventh Commandment
53. The Eighth Commandment
54. The Ninth Commandment
55. The Tenth Commandment
56. The Glorification of God
57. Love Toward God
58. Love Toward Jesus Christ
59. The Fear of God
60. Obedience Toward God
61. Hope in God
62. Spiritual Strength or Courage
63. The Profession of Christ and His Truth
69. The Lord’s Prayer: Explained and Applied.
70. The Second Petition: Thy Kingdom Come
71. The Third Petition: Thy Will be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven.
72. The Fourth Petition: Give us this day our Daily Bread.
73. The Fifth Petition: Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.
74. The Sixth Petition: And lead us not into temptation.
78. Spiritual Meditation
81. Concerning Experience
82. Love for One’s Neighbor
89. Spiritual Growth
90. Backsliding in the Spiritual Life of the Godly
91. Spiritual Desertion
92. Concerning the Temptation Toward Atheism, or the Denial of God’s Existence
93. Concerning the Temptation whether God’s Word is True
94. Unbelief Concerning One’s Spiritual State
95. The Assaults of Satan
96. The Power of Indwelling Corruption
97. Spiritual Darkness
98. Spiritual Deadness
99. The Perseverance of the Saints
100. Concerning Death and the State of the Soul after Death
101. The Resurrection of the Dead
102. Concerning the Last Judgment and the End of the World
103. Concerning Eternal Glory
1. The Church of the Old Testament from Adam to Abraham
2. The Church from Abraham to the Law, or Sinai
3. The Ceremonial Laws given at Sinai and the State of the Church from Sinai until Christ
4. The Nature of the Suretyship of Jesus Christ during the Old Testament
5. The State of the Old Testament Believers
6. The New Testament Church from the Birth of Jesus Christ to the Revelation of John.
|Date:||February 4, 2015|
A Systematic Theology.
|Date:||February 4, 2015|
MySwordmodules is a website dedicate to the MySword Bible Program for Androird devices. We host MySword Modules.
Statistics for 2015
Year Total Unique Visitors: 34,871
Year Total Visits: 69,416
Year Total Pages Viewed: 353,867
Year Total Data Downloaded: 14GBs
See all stats for all years MySwordmodules Stats All Years