Our Authorized Bible Vindicated
By Benjamin Wilkinson
This is a historic work on the authorized version (16 chapters) by Wilkinson (Seventh Day Adventist). He examines and presents a defense of the KJV Bible which is a foundational document in this movement (although they don’t want to recognize Wilkinson’s affiliation with the SDA church).
1. Fundamentally, Only Two Different Bibles
2. the Bible Adopted by Constantine and the Pure Bible of the Waldenses
3. the Reformers Reject the Bible of the Papacy
4. The Jesuits and the Jesuit Bible of
5. The King James Bible Born Amid the Great Struggles Over the Jesuit Version
6. Comparisons to Show How the Jesuit Bible Reappears in the American Revised Version
7. Three Hundred Years of Attack On the King James Bible
8. How the Jesuits Captured Oxford University
9. Westcott and Hort
10. Revision at Last
11. Blow After Blow Against the Truth
12. Blow After Blow in Favor of Rome
13. Catholics Rejoice That the Revised Version Vindicates Their Catholic Bible
More Articles on
- Welcome to my MySword Site
- Zukeran Articles on the Cults
- Zukeran – The World of the Occult
- Zepp Conscience Alone Not A Safe Guide
- Young’s Literal Translation YLT
- Younce Face to Face with Tongues
- Wycliffe’s Bible 1382
- Wright, C.H.H – The Fatherhood of God
14. The American Revision Committee:Its Influence Upon the Future of America
15. The Rising Flood of Modernism and Modern Bibles
16. Conclusion Chapter – Fundamentally, Only Two Different Bibles
PREFACE: THE LORD’S PRAYER
DEAN OF THEOLOGY, WASHINGTON MISSIONARY COLLEGE TAKOMA PARK, D.C.
WASHINGTON D.C JUNE, 1930
This volume is written in the fervent hope that it will confirm and establish faith in God’s Word, which through the ages has been preserved inviolate.
In these days when faith is weakening and the Bible is being torn apart, it is vital that we enter into fields which can yield up their evidence of how God, through the centuries, intervened to transmit to us a perfect Bible.
Much of the material given in this book was collected in response to the needs of the author’s classroom work. In pursuing this line of study, he has been astounded and thrilled to find in historical situations, where he least expected it, evidences of special intervention and special purposes of God with regard to His Holy Word. His faith in the inspiration of the Bible has been deeply strengthened as he has perceived how down through the ages God’s true Bible has constantly triumphed over erroneous versions.
With regard to the different versions, it is necessary, while confirming the glorious inspiration of the Bible, to warn the people against Bibles which include false books, and, especially at the present time, against the dangers of false readings in genuine books. There are versions of the Bible, prepared by men of scholarship, with certain books and readings we cannot accept. Such versions may be of use for reference or comparison. In certain passages, they may give a clearer rendering. But it is unthinkable that those who use such versions would be unwilling to have the public informed of their dangers.
This work has been written under great pressure. In addition to the author’s tasks in the Theological Department of the College, and his evangelical work as pastor of a city church, he wrote this book in response to urgent requests. It may be possible that there are a few technical mistakes. The author has strong confidence, however, that the main lines of argument are timely, and that they stand on a firm foundation.
It is possible to know what is the true Word of God. The author sends forth this book with a fervent prayer that it may aid the earnest seeker after truth to find the answer to this all-important question. B. G. WILKINSON Takoma Park, D.C., June, 1930.
More Modules from Bibliology Category
- Wilkinson Our Authorized Bible Vindicated
- Talbot, L.T. – Why Four Gospels? The Four-Fold Portrait of Christ
- Stalker, J. – How to Study the Bible
- McAfee A Study of the King James Version of the Bible
- Mauro, P. – Which Version? Authorized or Revised?
- Litke, S. – How We Got the Bible
- Kimble, E. – Prophetic Time Frame in the Day of the Lord Prophecies
- Kimble, E. – Hermeneutical Principles of Progressive Revelation
- Griffith-Thomas, W.H. – How we got our Bible
- Gray Inspiration of the Bible: Definition, Extent, & Proof
pc50 Narcissism versus Love explains how our world is very much like that described in the Bible as the last days. Narcissism is love of one's self, 2Tim 3:2-4. I describe a narcissistic person, and what the Bible says about them.
Extract and topics: But how do we really identify the narcissist? Many people are narcissists and don't know it... Lovers of their own selves. | Lovers of pleasure, not of God. | Covetous and Miserly. | Arrogant, Boasting, and Haughty. | Disobedient to parents, unthankful, and without natural affection. | Traitors (and truce breakers). | Traitors (and truce breakers). | Incontinent (implacable). | False Accusers | Biblical Love is the opposite | The Divine “Remedy” for Narcissism
Read and Download:pc50 Narcissism versus Love.